Moskitt Geo implements the geographic and spatial support for some of the most used databases based on the OpenGIS© Simple Features Specification For SQL. Oracle 10g Locator and postGIS extension for postGRE SQL are the two first supported.
Moskitt Geo it's a Moskitt plug-in, then before install Moskitt Geo it's necessary have installed Moskitt 1.3.0 or greater.
Installing Moskitt 1.3.0
First of all,download the right Moskitt version for your Operating System.
The tool is distributed in three versions for three platforms:
To dowload Moskitt go to http://www.moskitt.org/eng/moskitt-descargas/
and download the last stable version for the right platform, for instance Moskitt-1.3.0-win32.zip
To install the Tool
1. Unzip the version for your operating system. A folder named "moskitt" will be created
2. Copy and paste the unzipped folder where you want to save it, then double-click on the Moskitt executable.
By this way, the tool can be used from any folder or device on which you have writing and reading
permissions: pen drives, USB hard drives, etc. Once the unzipped folder is saved, double-click on
the icon called "MOSKitt" to start the tool. NOTE: in Linux, it may be necessary to grant execution
permission to the "MOSKitt" file.
To Install Geo Plugin
When Moskitt is executed the first step is to select the location of the workspace to be used. In order to create a new workspace, indicate the location of a directory which does not exist. In this case, the tool creates the folder and the workspace. In the case that you indicate the path of an existing workspace, its content is loaded
1. To start the install of the geo plug-in go to Help menu and select the Install New Software... option, then a dialog like the next image must been shown.
2. Then must be introduced the Moskitt Geo repository http://download.moskitt.org/moskitt/geo/updates
3. Uncheck Group Items By Category option and the geo plug-in will be shown.
4. Then check the plug-in to install and accept, when the installation is done the license must be accepted.
5. Finally the installation ask to close Moskitt and start it again to complete the changes, to finish the installation restart Moskitt application, after that the spatial options will be installed.
Make the Spatial Plug-in active.
The spatial plug-in it is allways active for reverseeng process. If the plug-in detects spatial data then it active automatically the spatial support for this schema. To activate the spatial support for a new schema or class diagram the option Add Data types from Spatial Group must to be checked when it is created.
1. When spatial group it's available for the class diagram or database schema, a new primitive type can be chosen for the attribute or property. The Geometry primitive type.
2. Then news geometries initialized as Unknown Type can be shown.
3. Finally the user could fill geometry properties to add the desired geometry database restrictions.