Moskitt Geo implements the geographic and spatial support for some of the most used databases based on the OpenGIS© Simple Features Specification For SQL. Oracle 10g Locator and postGIS extension for postGRE SQL are the two first supported.
This plug-in adds new type named Geometry with some metadata views
The data stored for each geometry column includes:
- Spatial Reference System ID.
- Type of geometry for the column.
- Coordinate dimension for the column.
Each Geometry can be indexed to increase the table queries performance. The type Geometry uses spatial indexes like...
- Without Index
More extra metadata may be defined like Coordinate Tolerance for the column or Bounding Box for the column if the final database it's Oracle.
Moskitt Geo it's a Moskitt plug-in, then before install Moskitt Geo it's necessary have installed Moskitt 1.3.0 or greater.
Installing Moskitt 1.3.0
First of all,download the right Moskitt version for your Operating System.
The tool is distributed in three versions for three platforms:
- Windows: MOSKitt-version-win32.zip
- Linux/GTK: MOSKitt-version-linux-gtk.x86.zip
- Mac OS: MOSkitt-version-macosx.carbon.x86.zip
To dowload Moskitt go to http://www.moskitt.org/eng/moskitt-descargas/
and download the last stable version for the right platform, for instance Moskitt-1.3.0-win32.zip
To install the Tool
1. Unzip the version for your operating system. A folder named "moskitt" will be created
2. Copy and paste the unzipped folder where you want to save it, then double-click on the Moskitt executable.
By this way, the tool can be used from any folder or device on which you have writing and reading
permissions: pen drives, USB hard drives, etc. Once the unzipped folder is saved, double-click on
the icon called "MOSKitt" to start the tool.
NOTE for Linux OS users: Maybe will be necessary grant execution permission to the "MOSKitt" file.
NOTE for Windows XP users: If you can't execute MOSkitt.exe try editing MOSkitt.ini and change -Xmx1024m for -Xmx768m.
To Install Geo Plugin
When Moskitt is executed the first step is to select the location of the workspace to be used. In order to create a new workspace, indicate the location of a directory which does not exist. In this case, the tool creates the folder and the workspace. In the case that you indicate the path of an existing workspace, its content is loaded
1. To start the install of the geo plug-in go to Help menu and select the Install New Software... option, then a dialog like the next image must been shown.
2. Then must be introduced the Moskitt Geo repository http://download.moskitt.org/moskitt/geo/updates
3. Uncheck Group Items By Category option and the geo plug-in will be shown.
4. Then check the plug-in to install and accept, when the installation is done the license must be accepted.
5. Finally the installation ask to close Moskitt and start it again to complete the changes, to finish the installation restart Moskitt application, after that the spatial options will be installed.
Make the Spatial Plug-in active.
The spatial plug-in it is allways active for reverseeng process. If the plug-in detects spatial data then it active automatically the spatial support for this schema. To activate the spatial support for a new schema or class diagram the option Add Data types from Spatial Group must to be checked when it is created.
1. When spatial group it's available for the class diagram or database schema, a new primitive type can be chosen for the attribute or property. The Geometry primitive type.
2. Then news geometries initialized as Unknown Type can be shown.
3. Finally the user could fill geometry properties to add the desired geometry database restrictions.